You can merge a caption clip with a video clip in the bin.
The closed caption file formats supported on EDIUS are as follows.
Only video clips can be merged with caption clips.
1) Select a video clip and a caption clip in the bin, right-click on them, and click [Set as clip with captions].
The video clip and caption clip will be merged, and the caption clip will be hidden in the bin.
When you register a file to the bin as a clip, you can detect a closed caption file that corresponds to the file and merge it to the clip.
You can cancel a caption clip merged with a video clip.
1) Right-click on a video clip which a caption clip has been merged with, and click [Cancel clip with captions].
The caption clip merged with the clip will be canceled, and the caption clip will appear in the bin.
You can set whether or not the caption information of a clip is to be used.
1) Select a clip and right-click on it in the bin, and click [Properties].
The [Properties] dialog box appears.
2) Click the [Captions] tab.
3) Check [Use Caption data].
4) Click [OK].
In [Caption File] on the [Captions] tab, you can confirm the saving destination of the currently referenced closed caption file.