Adding an AMPP Connected rule
- Log in to the GV STRATUS Control Panel application with administrator privileges.
- In the GV STRATUS Control Panel application, click General | Rules.
Rule Editor settings open.
- In the Rule Type drop-down list, select AMPP Connected.
- In the Name field, type in a name for the rule you are configuring.
- In the Description field, type in a description for the rule you are configuring.
In Rule Options settings, specify the rule behavior.
Select the Visible in STRATUS
UI check-box if you want to trigger the rule via context
menu in the Asset List panel.
By default, all users can see all rules that had been set to Visible in STRATUS UI.
To configure the rule to be only visible to specific user or user groups, click the button.
The Modify Rule Permissions dialog box appears.
To assign permissions, click + and enter any user or group in the Add Users or Groups dialog box. If necessary, click Advanced to open Windows operating system dialog box to find and validate users or groups.
After adding specific user or group, set permission for Apply in UI setting by selecting Allow or Deny as appropriate.
Select when the rule is applied each
- Execute rule only once per asset or segment: The rule is applied once per asset or segment. The Rules Engine uses data stored in the asset's ExecutedByRules metadata field to determine if the rule has been applied to the asset. If it has been applied, the Rules Engine does not apply it again, even if the rule criteria still match for the asset.
- Execute every time rule conditions apply: The rule can be applied multiple times per asset, if the asset matches rule conditions multiple times.
Select the priority that the Rules Engine
processes the rule, with the transfers and transcodes the rule controls,
when there are multiple rules in a queue waiting to be processed.
- Priority: High: Put this rule in a queue with other high priority rules and process through the high priority rule queue before any normal priority or low priority rules.
- Priority: Normal: Put this rule in a queue with other normal priority rules and process through the normal priority rule queue after any high priority but before any low priority rules.
- Priority: Low: Put this rule in a queue with other low priority rules and process through the low priority rule queue after any high priority or medium priority rules.
Select the condition when the rule is
applied to each asset.
- Apply rule on growing file: The rule is applied to all files, including those that are still recording.
- Apply rule on completed files: The rule is only applied to files that have finished recording.
Select whether the rule copies or moves
If you select move, after the rule transfers the asset, it removes the source asset from the GV STRATUS system.
Select whether the rule renames or overwrites the asset.
- Rename: The rule appends a suffix to the new asset file name. The existing asset is retained.
- Overwrite: The new asset overwrites the existing asset. The existing asset is deleted.
- Select the Visible in STRATUS UI check-box if you want to trigger the rule via context menu in the Asset List panel.
In Scope settings, specify the location or locations in which the
Click Add location.
The Location Selection dialog box opens.
Navigate to and select the desired
You can select multiple locations in the Location Selection dialog box.This is the location that contains the assets on which the rule operates. Every time the rule runs, it looks in this location to determine if there are any assets that match the rule conditions and then operates on the assets that match.
The location is added to the Scope list.
- Repeat these steps to add additional locations as desired.
For a location in the list, if you want
the rule to operate on sub-folders as well, select Include Subfolders
When this is selected, if there are multiple directories under the selected location, the rule operates in each of the sub-directories.
- To change a location in the list, click the Browse button
- To remove a location from the list, click X.
- Click Add location.
In Frequency settings, specify how often the Rules Engine triggers
Select one of the following options:
For Daily, Weekly, and Monthly options, a Start Time setting opens. Set the day and time the rule is triggered for the first time.
- Metadata Change: The rule is constantly monitoring files in the “Scope” folder (and file types depend on the rule condition).
- Periodically: Sets the number of minutes.
- Daily: Sets the number of days.
- Weekly: Sets the number of weeks.
- Monthly: Sets the day of each month.
- STRATUS UI only: The rule is only applicable when triggered by users via the context menu in Asset List of the STRATUS UI.
- Select one of the following options:
In Rule Conditions settings, specify the conditions the Rules
Engine looks for to qualify an asset.
In the Select items
when drop down list, select one of the following:
- ALL of the conditions below are met: Assets that match all conditions.
- ANY of the conditions below are met: Assets that match any condition.
- Custom: A Custom Expression field opens in which you can enter a custom expression.
Conditions and custom expressions are similar to those in GV STRATUS Advanced Search. Simple boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT are supported. Enter these operators in all capital letters.
Configure conditions as follows:
- For each condition (1, 2, 3, 4, etc) click the Add Condition button and select from lists to define the condition.
- Click the X button to remove a condition from the list.
- Click Save.