You can set a reference audio level for multiple desired clips and adjust the audio levels together. When normalize is applied to multiple clips, the gain value is adjusted to adjust each clip to a proper audio level.
Normalize cannot be applied to the following clips.
Timeline sequence clips
Clips being edited with a time difference
During normalization processing, how much time is used as a sample from which to calculate an output value can be set. You can change the setting from [Source] in [User Settings] → [Automatic Correction].
1) Select the clips to be normalized.
2) Click [Clip] on the menu bar, and click [Normalize].
The [Normalize] dialog box appears.
Right-click a clip and click [Normalize].
3) Enter the audio level to be used as reference, and click [OK].
The initial level setting will be the [Audio reference level] in the project setting.
When normalize is applied, an orange line will be displayed in the area below the audio part of the clip.
The gain value of clips can be checked and changed.
1) Select the clip for which the gain value will be confirmed or changed.
2) Click [Clip] on the menu bar, and click [Properties].
The [Properties] dialog box appears.
Right-click a clip and click [Properties].
3) Click the [Audio info] tab.
The gain value of the clip is displayed next to [Gain].
4) Enter a gain value, and click [OK].
The normalize gain value can also be confirmed in the detailed display of the bin and the [Information] palette.
When a clip on which the gain value has been changed on the timeline is registered in the bin, the changed gain value will be maintained.
The change in gain will not be updated if, for example, you display the clip on the Player and remap it to the timeline from the Player after changing the gain value of each clip on the timeline as the followings.
(1) For an audio 1ch and video 2ch clip, map the V channel and A1 channel to the 1VA track, and A2 channel to the 1A track.
(2) Change the gain of the 1VA track clip to 5 dB, and the gain of the 1A track clip to 10 dB.
(3) Display the clip of the 1VA track on the Player with double-click.
(4) Place the clip on the Player again with the same mapping setting (mapping the V channel and A1 channel to the 1VA track, and A2 channel to the 1A track).
At this time, the gain value of the clip placed in the 1VA track is 5 dB, but the change in the gain value of the clip placed in the 1A track is not reflected, and it becomes 0 dB.